About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

H is for Homes, Hostels, Hotels

Welcome to ABC Wednesday where this week we celebrate the letter H as in hot, healthy, hamburgers, hat, humdinger, hair, hill, and hawk.  I'm continuing the travelogue of my trip by bringing you an area of north Wales that was absolutely heavenly!  My paternal grandmother was born in Llandudno, Wales, on April13, 1896, at 28 Jubilee Street.  She was greeted with joy after her mother had given birth to 5 boys and after that, she went on to have one final boy!  My dream has always been to see where she was born and brought up, only coming to Canada after the second world war with her husband and young son.  My father and his 2 sisters were born in Canada.

My epic dream of seeing Llandudno finally arrived this summer (2016) and I was absolutely amazed at the beauty of the area. An historic town, Victorian and Edwardian atmosphere prevails everywhere, especially with the houses, hostels, and hotels.  Even the newer built homes have a Victorian feel to them!  The countryside is beyond beautiful, and the entire area faces out to the Irish Sea.  And the people are so humble and  hospitable.  Take away the modern cars and you feel as though you have gone back in time.

I would like to share some of the beauty of the area through a short slideshow presentation.  Mr. Google helped me out here, but I've indicated which photos are mine.  And, if you're interested in learning more about this place, please check out http://www.llandudno.com/  Remember, don't tell too many people about this piece of heaven on earth - I want to go back some day and spend more time there.  And I don't want any crowds!  LOL

With humble thanks to the hysterical Mrs. Nesbitt (you'd know just how hysterical if you follow her on Facebook and saw her scarecrows!) and to the always hardworking Roger, our administrator. Also, don't forget to give a silent nod of thanks to the helpful team of assistants who visit all the contributors to leave heartfelt comments. 

Now...on with the show and don't forget to turn up the sound and click on full screen!  Oh the music is called "Epic Journey" and you won't hesitate to realize why I chose it.  *smile*
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow

15 comments:

MelodyK said...

Plenty of H's to choose from in this lovely post Leslie... its wonderful to read that you have had so much fun!

Wishing you lots more of it.

Have a nice ABC-day / – week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (ABC-team)
http://melodymusic.nl/abc-wednesday-19-h/

photowannabe said...

What a heavenly place for your History. I'm glad you finally got to visit there.
The music was divine for your slideshow.

Reader Wil said...

My family and myself have been in Wales three times. We were very happy to have an opportunity to see Conwy Castle and the other castles as well.Thank you for the beautiful photos and the very lovely music.It is heavenly indeed!

Photo Cache said...

Wow, what a very nice place.

My ABC WEDNESDAY

carol l mckenna said...

Such a creative post for H and so glad you had a wonderful time!

Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

Hildred said...

A lovely seaside town, a great video and beautiful music. What a perfect place to call home....so glad you enjoyed it Leslie.

ellen b said...

So beautiful! So glad you were finally able to see this town. I'd love to go back to Wales some day.

Amit Agarwal said...

Home, Hostels, Hotels...a great take on the theme indeed!:)

Deepa said...

Lovely video
Glad you could visit the place and enjoy it too.

Roger Owen Green said...

love your travelogues!

ROG, ABCW

K V V S MURTHY said...

Well selected post.

Joy said...

Looks a lovely day for taking photographs. It was a winter rainy day when I was there last but still scenic.

Carin said...

I know home and hotel. I have never been a hostel. Lots or Hs here. Great work.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I can see why you want to go back... I would want to stay and live there. There's so many wonderful places that could be sketched and watercolored too. Blessings!

Indira said...

Lots of Hs and lots of nice photos of the place.