About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Vancouver Early Evening

4 comments:

Leslie: said...

Hi Suze I am south of Van. about a 20 minute drive. Under the Fraser River and over a bridge and voila - in Vancouver.

When you come to visit, I'll take you on a lovely drive through the city and across Burrard Inlet to West Van and all along the coast where the Alaska cruise ships head out. We'll go all way to Squamish (a major ferry terminal) and we'll lunch on seafood at "The Boathouse" restaurant. Then, we'll go all the way to Whistler, stopping at a gorgeous waterfall along the way. We'll "take tea" at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler and then peruse the boutiques pretending to be super wealthy. (grin) We could stroll around Lost Lake for some fresh air before heading back south towards Beaches restaurant in West Van for dinner on the beach. How does that sound for one day? I can hardly wait!

willemina said...

I don't see the picture of Vancouver? but I want to :(

willemina said...

Suzanne, Are you going to Vancouver soon? It sounds wonderful!

Leslie: said...

Sorry, Willy - I took it down 'cuz it took up so much space, but I'll email it to you.