About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Monday, December 28, 2009

X is for eXterior, eXcited, and tuXedo

In a couple of days, it will be the year 2010. And the end of our lives as singles again. Now we need to direct our thoughts to the day of our wedding and the start of our life together as a married couple. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but for my first wedding I had no input. My parents simply said they'd have an afternoon "tea" for the reception. This time, I'm going to have the wedding of my dreams, appropriate to our situation and age, of course, but a big, happy and huge party with food, drink, and dancing. With this in mind, I finally talked Lorne into coming for a drive to at least see the venue from the eXterior. (He had told me to just go ahead and make the arrangements - whatever and wherever I wanted.)

It dawned beautifully clear and sunny on Sunday morning, the day after Boxing Day so we decided it was a great day for a bit of a drive and lunch at the adjoining restaurant at The Delta Town & Country Inn, overlooking the mountains. I was so eXcited to show him the place, but typical of most men, he just said that Yes, it's nice and it'll be just fine. Hmmph! Just fine??? Oh well, he "did" tell me to just let him know the date, the time, what to wear, and what to say. So now I'll get going and interview DJs, photographers, look at invitations, go to a bridal fair, find a dressmaker for The Dress, and arrange for tuXedo rentals. I understand it's a lot of work, but heck, there will not be another wedding for me - ever! Here's the eXterior of the venue. We're getting married at the gazebo, which is just around the corner from the Terrace Room (can you see the French doors that open onto the patio and pool?) Everything at the same place, which makes it simple for everyone, including out-of-town guests (who will get a special rate from the Inn).
The first 4 photos are mine and the last is one from the T&C's website showing how the gazebo will look for the wedding. The actual wedding area is around the corner from the first photo on the left and it's a large grassy area, very pretty with the garden around the edges. If it's raining or even threatening rain, they will put up a large white tent and Lorne and I will step up into the gazebo for our vows instead of standing in front on the white carpet. So, what do you think? Looks pretty? I think so.




































This is how it will look when all set up for the wedding.









ABC Wednesday has been the brainchild of Denise Nesbitt who is planning on stepping down as hostess after this round. I'm sure hoping someone will carry on the torch so we can continue to get together in this manner every week. To see others' contributions just click here.

20 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

eXcellent post. the eXcitement is mounting...

Mimi said...

Wonderful! It looks stunning!
I'm so glad you're going to have the wedding of your dreams.

Tania said...

This is a wonderful pos!t:-)

Sylvia K said...

The eXcitement is definitely on the rise! Great post for the day! Thanks for sharing the eXcitement! Wishing you a very Happy New Year for your new life!

Sylvia

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

What a lovely site for a wedding! You must be eXcited!
When is the happy day?

nancygrayce said...

It is such a gorgeous place! It will be so much fun and get plenty of pictures!

Reader Wil said...

Congratulations, Leslie! It looks all so very wonderful and festive! I hope you'll have a bright and sunny day! I wish you lots of happiness and joy together! And a long life together.

photowannabe said...

What an exciting time for you Leslie. I'm glad you will have the wedding of your dreams and that you have found that special someone AGAIN.

Amy said...

Congratulations Leslie! A great setting - every beautiful woman deserves the wedding of her dreams!

Love your "x's!" Happy New Year!

Kim, USA said...

What a lovely picture and an eXceptional post too ^_^


ABC Wednesday:Xerophyte

Joy said...

Wishing you a sunny day and much eXcitement, which I guess is building.

Unknown said...

I am SO excited for you Leslie! So very excited! Wonderful X this week! You always have great ideas!

Rune Eide said...

No wonder you get eXited!! Good luck and Happy New Year!

Rose said...

Oh, the gazebo looks gorgeous, Leslie! I always wanted an outdoor wedding, but unless my husband wants to renew our vows, I don't think it's going to happen:) This is a beautiful place for your wedding. Wishing you a happy New Year and the wedding of your dreams, Leslie!

Shrinky said...

Such exciting times! Your happiness is contagious, I am still smiling for you as I type. It looks absolutely perfect, Leslie, just the place to set off together as "Man and Wife". Good luck with all the planning, enjoy every detail, it's all part of the fun, isn't it?

mrsnesbitt said...

Wonderful post Leslie! So happy for you!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

It is going to be the "Wedding of the year" xx

Tumblewords: said...

Exciting, for sure!

Bradley Hsi said...

Congratulation, it is such a beautiful place, I am sure you will have such a wonderful wedding and the memory will last for a life time.

Rinkly Rimes said...

Congratulations on the forthcoming wedding. You look very happy in your portrait; that must have been AFTER he proposed!