About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Leslie and Josie's Excellent Spring Adventure

Feel free to click on photos to enlarge.
Today was one of the most beautiful days we've had in a long long time. Josie and I had planned on going over to Dundarave Beach to walk along the seawall. First, we went for lunch at a wonderful restaurant called Beaches. We were very lucky to get a window seat overlooking the beautiful garden just off the outdoor patio and the ocean.
After a scrumptious lunch of warm goat cheese encrusted in walnuts salad and dessert of rhubarb crumble, we ambled outside and took lots of photos of each other. Josie will post her own photos, but here are a few of mine. These red tulips were in full bloom just outside the restaurant and we couldn't NOT take a shot of them.
Also, these bright pink tulips were closer to the seawall and I couldn't resist taking a shot of them with the bench in the background.

Some of you didn't believe us when we told you we have palm trees in Vancouver. Well, we took some shots to prove it to you.













The magnolias were almost in full bloom, so naturally we had to get some shots.
















Then when we were leaving, we spotted this huge tree, and Josie insisted on taking my photo.


Oh yes, and me with the ocean and Lion's Gate Bridge in the background.

8 comments:

Jo said...

Leslie...! These photos look absolutely fantastic. My goodness. I have done my little post as well.

Cheers,
Josie

Jo said...

Okay, I did it. See what you think.

Josie

EA Monroe said...

Leslie! I would have loved to take that walk with Josie and you! Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos. One of these days I want to visit Vancouver!

Cindy said...

Oh, you have blossoming trees! We have snow- again...with 5 or so inches more on the way tonight and tomorrow.

Sienna said...

It's absolutely beautiful, the color, the flowers, so picturesque Leslie, what an amazing and beautiful city you and Josie live in...truly, deeply a sight for sore eyes...incredible where Cindy lives snow is still falling.

So sorry to hear of your little dog, Robbie....sounds like you tried everything, sometimes temperament can get you, wise decision Leslie, very wise, (but obviously a tough time too...)

Pam

droma said...

Leslie,
What lovely pictures!
Sharing them gives a much needed ray of sunshine.
Thank you! :-)

Here in Ohio the daffodils are in full bloom. Last and this weekend it has turned cold and snowy, having many of the blooms bent down to the ground. Maybe its' a good thing the tulips have not opened yet, they don't tolerate snow as well.

Is 4/15 tax day in Canada too?
Interesting that the weather temperamentally April has been chosen for such a gloomy day.
One good thing about not earning much, short tax form!

Leslie: said...

Hi everyone and thanks for dropping by. Yes, we certainly do live in a beautiful city, although Josie's in the city and I'm in the 'burbs.

Today after visiting D#2 at the hospital where she's staying for a while (long story), I drove out to "my" beach which is on Boundary Bay (at the USA border) and spent an hour wandering the sandy beach paths taking photos until my battery ran out. I needed the fresh air and alone time to regroup and will spend some time later (when the battery recharges - mine and the camera's), posting today's photos. I may put them on my Telus site but will put a few here. If you're interested in checking out my photo site at Telus, let me know by emailing me and I'll send you a link.

Stay warm you all in the snow and just be reassured that spring is not far away. :D

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Leslie,
dropped by from josie's to see all your wonderful spring photos. Thanks.