About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Banishing the Blues

I spent some time at Vancouver's Van Dusen Gardens today after lunching with my two sisters. The sun was shining and it was warm enough to not need a jacket. I'm quite pleased with the results of my photographing many of the Spring flowers outside the gardens. It gave me a renewed spirit of hope that life is beginning to bloom again.





7 comments:

Trubes said...

Glad you had such a lovely day with your sisters Leslie.
If you pop over to my site you willfind a special little message for you and DL,

Di.xx

Liz Hinds said...

Beautiful. Glad your spirits were lifted.

Cloudia said...

How lovely. My spirits enjoyed this also.

Glad I swam by!




Aloha from Waikiki


Comfort Spiral

Mimi said...

Good.
And maybe writing about it here yesterday was therapeutic.

sally in norfolk said...

The Tulips are amazing... :-)

jabblog said...

It's good to see Hope getting the upper hand. I loved your post about sadness.
My husband's brother is recovering from colon cancer. It's 18 months since his surgery and he had nasty chemotherapy but his last scan was clear.
We also have a young friend - our middle daughter's very good friend - who has had two operations for colon cancer. She is currently travelling the world - again - with her American boyfriend and is such a bright and optimistic young woman.
Hang in there - I send you all my good wishes and prayers that you and DL will come through this stronger and happier.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi Leslie, so pleased you had a wonderful day with your sisters and you have had your spirits lifted.. Thinking of you and DL. xx