About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

E is for EXPLOSION

Hello and welcome to E week!  Sorry to be late posting but I've had guests from Wales for the past week and we've been on the go every day!  I took them this morning to pick up a rental car and they are off to see Vancouver Island for a week.  Then they'll be back for a night and off for 3 nights at Whistler.

As soon as I arrived home after taking them for their rental car, I sat down to do my post - E is for Explosion.  This comes from our day at Fort Langley where they put on a weapons demonstration.  These weapons are from the early 1800s when the fur trappers were in the area.  The fellow (below)who gave the talk told us all about the history of the gun, the powder used, how to load it and more!  I'll be bringing more about the fort and other places we visited in future weeks.

Preparing to FIRE!

Hope everyone's having a good summer so far.  We actually have too much heat right now and smoke due to those fires, but it'd due to cool off a bit by the end of the week.

12 comments:

Betty said...

That sounds very interesting. I bet it was noisy too!

Hildred said...

Interesting part of the history of the Fort. Enjoy your company Leslie!

ABC-Wednesday said...

Not a problem at all that you are late ;-) You have very good reasons and how wonderful ones too. Can be tiresome but the pleasure makes it all worth it.

Have a ♥-warming AbC-day / -week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (ABC-team)
http://melodymusic.nl/21-e/

Roger Owen Green said...

I had some explosions on my E post too!
ROG, ABCW

Beverley Baird said...

Looks like a very interesting place to visit, even with the explosions!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

That looks like it creates a very loud explosion. Pow!

Klara S said...

Looks like fun!

Unknown said...

Jab mera yaar aa jaye to jam ke baras,
Pehle na baras ki woh aa na sake,
Phir itna baras ki woh ja na sake…play bazaar satta king

Play Bazaar said...

Keep your curtains closed when you are away from home. Intruders can see into your house if the blinds are up. play bazaar

play bazaar

prince said...

or loan cost. On the off chance that you connect with them sufficiently early,play bazaar
play bazaar

Unknown said...

very good
आपकी न्यूज़

Satta King said...

Abhi soraj nahin dooba zara si sham hony do
main khud hi loat jaun ga mujhy nakam hony do
mujhy bdnam karny k bahany dhundty ho q?
main khud ho jaun ga bdnam pely nam hony do
abi karna nahin aetraf-e-shikast mujhko
main sab tasleem karlun ga ye charcha aam hony do
meri hasti nahin anmool phir b bik nahin sakta
wafaen bech lena par zara nilaam hony do
naye aghaz main hi hosla q haar baithy h?
jeet jao ge tm sab kch zara anjaam hony dosatta king
play bazaar