About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Monday, August 28, 2017

H is for HOLIDAY

HI everyone!  I'm finally going away on a HOLIDAY this week!  So if I don't get back to you please forgive me.  This summer, I already had a "staycation" with good friend from Wales and we did lots of things around here and then I relaxed while they went off to Vancouver Island.  But now it's my turn - instead of going thousands of miles away, I'm only going about a 2 1/2 drive to Whistler Village, a very popular resort (especially in winter for skiing).  I'll be staying in the center of the village so if I get bored from reading and relaxing, will go out to do some people watching and photography.
As it's extremely expensive to stay in Whistler, this is a real treat.  After tutoring one student for 9 years, her parents gave me 3 nights at their condo as a thank you gift!  Pretty nice, eh?  I'm taking my daughter for a Mom/Daughter bonding time and expect we will really enjoy it.  I'll post photos for another post later in the round.  The one major thing we're going to do is the Peak-to-Peak adventure.  It's the world's highest and longest (4.4 kilometers) lift and I really hope to get some outstanding photos, not only from the gondola, but also from the spot where we land.  Check out this site here to see what else there is to do at Whistler.

See you next week!

16 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

a very festive locale!

ROG, ABCW

Hildred said...

Hope you have a marvelous time, - a nice thank you for your kind services.

Gattina said...

Aaww holidays ! I too posted less in holidays you don't have time !

ABC-Wednesday said...

Enjoy to the fullest!!!! Have a splendid time, one to remember forever.

Please have a ♥-warming ABC-day / -week
♪ M e l ☺ d y ♪ (abc-w-team)
http://melodymusic.nl/21-h/

Ann said...

Have fun with your girl, the best of trips.
Ann

Photo Cache said...

Whistler is such a perfect choice for a holiday. Just the drive up there is incredible.

My ABC WEDNESDAY

Anonymous said...

Have a lot of fun and relaxation on your "holiday":) Your guest from Wales must have had some influence in your word choice:):) Hope that you come back with lots of pics and wish you a great time with your daughter!

Powell River Books said...

We went to Whistler a year ago in June. Took our quads and stayed at an RV park where we could ride right from our campsite. Went to the village one night for dinner. - Margy

Beverley Baird said...

Wonderful photos! Enjoy your holiday - lovely spot to stay for sure.

Betty said...

I checked out that site and I think you're going to have a great time. What a nice gift you received. I'm not sure about that Peak to Peak Adventure...I'd be dizzy. Have a good time bonding with your daughter!

Anita Sabat said...

Cool gift!
Have a happy time & a great holiday! Enjoy :)

Unknown said...

play bazaar satta king Khuda Se Ek Dua Mangi Dua Mein Apni Maut Mangi
Khuda Ne Kaha Maut Toh Tujhe De Du Main Par Use Kya

Play Bazaar said...

satta king Ask about different contract lengths that a security company may offer.

prince said...

play bazaar

Play bazaar
satta king Before falling back on liquidation, contact your lenders in a decent confidence exertion to renegotiate your installment terms,

Unknown said...

very good
https://www.aapkinews.net/

Satta King said...

satta king
play bazaar Mujhe pata nahin kya ho jata hai,neend aati nahin or chain kho jata hai,phir dil bechain ho jata hai,or khwaab kuch aisa aata hai,ki aap ka hath hamare hathon mein,or sar hamare kandhe pe nazar aata hai.-Manpreet SinghKya saza teri kya kasoor humaraJannat jahan ko tune dojak ki aag se jalayaKaash teri aankhon ke vaade meri palko tak na baasteTeri yaadon ki baarish sawaan ki tarah na barastiKaash khayalon ke dariya ko tum saahil na banateDil churake na dil todte to ye bebasi na hotiPyaar ke khel me teri jeet aur meri haar na hoti.