About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun

2 comments:

Mauigirl said...

Hi, just found your blog through your comment on The Boomer Chronicles. I love the Animals - can you believe how young Eric Burdon was? We saw them in concert a few times back in the 80's or so.

Will have to read back into your older posts now!

Anonymous said...

If you'd like a different take on House of the Rising Sun, The Blind Boys of Alabama do the lyrics to Amazing Grace to the tune of Rising Sun. Very beautiful. Puts the goosebumps up on me! (came here through grey squirrel)