Five smells I love
1) The fragrance of cedar trees on a dry summer day.
2) The Christmas turkey roasting in the oven.
3) The salt air at the ocean.
4) The air after a summer rain
5) School in the morning before the kids arrive.
Five sights I love
1) The Rocky Mountains from an airplane.
2) Noah running to me for a hug.
3) Fire in a fireplace – I can get lost in it.
4) The sun coming up over Shuswap Lake.
5) Leaves on trees in autumn.
Five tastes that I love
1) Hot chocolate on a cold winter's day.
2) White Spot’s apple crumble warmed up with vanilla ice cream melting on top.
3) My mother’s macaroni and cheese that I make about twice a year by request from my kids.
4) Fresh parmessan cheese in Italy.
5) Peanut butter mixed with chocolate in any form.
Five sounds I love
1) A baby laughing
3) A train whistle, way off in the distance, late at night. (when I have insomnia, I can hear the trains going to Roberts Bank around 1:30 am)
4) Birds - Seagulls anytime, geese honking as they fly south in the fall, and the birds chirping in the tree outside my bedroom window.
5) Certain songs at church that leave me teary eyed.
Five things I love to touch
1) Sand between my toes at the beach
2) My passport and an airline ticket to anywhere
3) Real suede
4) A dog after being groomed
5) Flannel sheets – so cosy