About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Lilies for a Lucky Lady


I consider myself to be very lucky these days. Lucky to have a wonderful caring man who loves me so much he never hesitates to bring me flowers for no particular occasion or reason other than to show me he loves me.
As I write this, he's outside watering all the plants, flowers, and the lawn that he just mowed. That's after he worked hard all day and watched the last hockey game of the season before even eating any supper.
Of course, he enjoys doing these things but all the same, I love watching him putter around making things nice for me.
How can I possibly show him how much I appreciate and love him back?



12 comments:

Maggie May said...

You are a lucky lady but you deserve it and your man obviously feels you are worth it.
What can you do to show him you love him? Just carry on being you!!!!

CherryPie said...

Those are beautiful and you deserve them :-)

Mickle in NZ said...

Leslie -your love for each other is one of the happiest things I've come across this year. I agree with Maggie and Cherry pie - you so deserve this, please carry on being your darling self.

I'm pleased your L has things balanced too - he stopped to watch the hockey match!

care and huggles, Michelle and a very purry Zebbycat xxx

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

You are absolutely glowing through from your blog post. I am so glad for you Leslie and i suggest a very special homemade dinner for your man. Works for me!

Michele said...

It's wonderful to find just the right guy, isn't it?
Next month we celebrate our 21st anniversary! I could not imagine my life with any other man...
I am happy you have found such a great love in your life!

Leslie: said...

Thanks LGS for the suggestion, but the only problem there is that HE'S the gourmet cook of the house! lol Maybe I'll take him OUT for dinner one night. :D

Mickle in NZ said...

Out for dinner is a wonderful treat for those who love to cook - no clean up of prep dishes.

yes- I love to cook too yet also enjoy cooking by others. Is so, so nice to not have to face the clean up every once in a while.

And - I love lilies, I find them a very healing flower after first encountering them in hospital after major surgery 10 1/2 years ago.

As a result I now associate lilies with happy things - like Leslie and Lorne together and so very happy!!

Much love and care,

Michelle and my Zebbycat down in Wellington, NZ

nancygrayce said...

I'm sure you show him in a hundred different ways! He knows.

Liz Hinds said...

You deserve it, leslie!

HeatherDB said...

hmmm...how to pay him back?? Once you are married and your back is better.... :)

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh leslie, wonderful! Wait till you see my hat! I will post a picture after the event tomorrow!

Jo said...

♥♥♥♥♥♥ :-)

Clarice.