About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Tudors


This 10-part series currently seen on CBC TV at 9:00 pm Tuesdays is fantastic! I understand it's also shown on Showtime in the USA. If you haven't had a chance to see it, you absolutely MUST! Click on this link to view all parts to date. Liberties are taken with character names, relationships, physical appearance, and the timing of events, but they don't take away from the dramatic tension.


The latest episode was on last night and as usual, I was absolutely hypnotized by Jonathan Rhys Meyers' portrayal of King Henry VIII. The actor was on The View today and it was so strange to see him as a normal young man. He's Irish by birth and at the young age of only 30, has already developed a huge portfolio of work. Currently, he can be seen in theatres starring in August Rush with Kerri Russell and has been in Mission Impossible III and Bend It Like Beckham. He's also starred in a lot of British television mini-series and movies portraying such characters as Elvis and Alexander the Great. Click here to see his extensive filmography.


Just last week, Josie posted her list of sexiest men alive and at the time, I really couldn't think of anyone special. Well, this young man IS sexy with the most alluring eyes imaginable. As a young (and slim) Henry VIII, he absolutely makes this "twice his age" woman swoon with desire. Unfortunately, his mother (age 50) passed away yesterday after a short illness and he has had a problem with alcohol because of his home country's hard-drinking pub culture. From what I've seen of him so far, this young actor has a very promising career ahead of him.

11 comments:

jmb said...

Thanks for putting this up Leslie. I didn't realize it was on until you mentioned it before but I couldn't find when it was on. Now I can catch up on the episodes.

Anonymous said...

I am addicted to The Tudors! My fave is Charles Brandon, portrayed by Henry Cavill. Hubba hubba swoon! His bum is DIVINE!!! (see episode 7)

Jamie

leslie said...

I was browsing Chapters today and saw that they've got the whole series on DVD plus there's a book out based on the series. AND, get this, there will be a PART 2!!! Yay!!!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I really want that series to be shown over here! - It probably will be, in a year's time. I hadn't heard of that actor before. The link won't work here but thanks for the pic!

kissa said...

The Tudors continue to fascinate.
I feel sure we must have had this particular series here but if so I missed it however it will be repeated I am sure. Jonathan Rhys Meyers? must find out where to see him.

patterns of ink said...

I know you don't do it on the same day, but from south of the boarder... Hope you're having a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

Josie said...

I'm like Jamie. I'm addicted to The Tudors as well. I love that period of history, and this production is fabulous!

A few years ago JRD played Elvis (2005). Check it out. He was wonderful...!

Josie said...

I meant JRM. But you knew that... :-)

leslie said...

I'm addicted, too, and even watch it instead of Dancing With the Stars results show. (just click over to see who's dumped) Josie, did you know there's a series two coming up? I can hardly wait!

ed said...

情趣用品,情趣,A片,AIO,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,AIO交友愛情館,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,嘟嘟情人色網,一葉情貼圖片區,情色論壇,色情影片,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人貼圖,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天

麻將,台灣彩卷,六合彩開獎號碼,運動彩卷,六合彩,線上遊戲,矽谷麻將,明星3缺一,橘子町,麻將大悶鍋,台客麻將,公博,game,,中華職棒,麗的線上小遊戲,國士無雙麻將,麻將館,賭博遊戲,威力彩,威力彩開獎號碼,龍龍運動網,史萊姆,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆第一個家,史萊姆好玩遊戲區,樂透彩開獎號碼,遊戲天堂,好玩遊戲,遊戲基地,無料遊戲王,好玩遊戲區,麻將遊戲,好玩遊戲區,小遊戲,遊戲區,電玩快打,cs online情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品,A片,AIO交友愛情館,AIOAV女優,AV,A漫,免費A片,本土自拍,自拍,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,色情影片,情色網,色情網站,微風成人區,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人文章,成人小說,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080中部人聊天室,080聊天室,中部人聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,苗栗人聊天室,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,AIO交友愛情館,一葉情貼圖片區,情色論壇,色情影片,色情網站,微風成人區,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人小說,A片,AV女優,AV,A漫,免費A片,自拍,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080中部人聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,色情,做愛,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,AIO交友愛情館,AIO,色情影片,情色網,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人小說,成人電影,麗的色遊戲,自拍,A片,AV女優,AV,A漫,視訊交友網,視訊,視訊交友,免費視訊聊天室,免費視訊,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園

obat tumor payudara said...

Mengapa kutil bisa tumbuh di alat kelamin pria serta bagaimana mengobatinya, kutil tumbuh di sekitar kelamin pria bisa tumbuh pada batang penis pria, ujung penis pria, pangkal penis pria bahkan bisa tumbuh di sekitar anus pria. hal ini karena di sebabkan oleh virus yang bernama HPV (human papilloma Virus) sebelum melakukan pengobatan terlebih dahulu akan saya jelaskan mengenai virus HPV ini sehingga nanti kedepannya khsusunya untuk kaum pria dapat menjaga diri agar terhindar dari penyakit ini.