About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

ARIZONA 2006

Here are some "people" shots from my trip to Arizona. First, the gang - clockwise from Dale the token male, me, Mary Rose, Suzanne, Cheryl, Lin. Then we have Suzanne with Lin, me with Lin, me out in the desert in front of Dale's place, and me playing with the cactus. :D Suzanne taught me a lot about cactus - like the jumping one. I walked near one and she almost freaked out! :D




5 comments:

willemina said...

Hi Leslie!
Great pictures! Thanks so much for sharing them! Wish I could have been there too. It sounds like you had a lot of fun together. "Friendships for life" This is wonderful!

sunnida said...

Hi Leslie,
I'm so envious that you all got
to have such a great get
together in my favorite state,
AZ!! And dine on some of Dales
wonderful cuisine...sounds like no electricity
wasn't much of a set back to his culinary wizardry.
FYI: Suz was the best buddy to warn you about
those jumping cholla. I've had the too close,
too personal encounter with those devil cacti!!
They're impossible to extract!!!
And glad she dragged you up through Sedona
and Oak Creek Canyon. I've backpacked all
over that area with the Museum of Az in Flagstaff
A great stop next time you go to AZ. Also I
love the Grand Canyon, have rafted it several
times. And hiked to the bottom on my honey-
moon,now that's LOVe!!!
We also had an amazing animal encounter...
saw a cinnamon bear, a very rare sighting,
as the last one spotted on the south rim
was in th 30's.
Wish I could have joined you guys...but love
the photos!!

Sunni(y)

Leslie: said...

Hi Suzanne - glad you got the photos. I hear you're going to LA to meet up with Lin again plus Willy, Neva, Tricia, Lois from Dana Pt, etc. Ooooo...I'm SO jealous! Wish I could go, too. But it just isn't the right time. And I can't get any more "discretionary" days. Boo Hoo! Have you heard from Cheryl yet? I really want to see HER photos now. Say Hi to Rudi for me and see if he has a friend? LOL

willemina said...

Hi Leslie,
I really wish you could have made the trip to LA with us or to Lindas in Santa Cruz...we had so much fun together....but I already know that there will be a next time.

I saw on Leslie's blog that you may be planning on visiting Leslie in Vancouver...now there's a place I have alwsy wanted to visit. Beautiful!

willemina said...

always not alwsy :)