About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Some Black & White Photos

I haven't participated in the Telus Photo Contest for a while because the themes were ones in which I didn't have anything to submit. For example, horses and stairs were the two latest ones. Anyway, this time the theme is black and white so I thought I'd submit the following photos. Just thought I'd share them you, readers, and have you let me know what you think of them. I have my favourite, but which is yours?






14 comments:

Jo said...

I think the second from the top, with the Cypress tree, is my favorite. It has great energy with the light and dark shadows and the clean lines.

I have a feeling that is your favorite too. :-)

Mental P Mama said...

#4. Love it.

nancygrayce said...

The first one is my favorite!

geewits said...

My favorite is the men sitting around. I was just at our Main Street Arts Festival today and saw lots of B&W photography for sale for big bucks. These look just as good as the ones I saw today.

Claire said...

Without doubt the old guys sitting around. There is so much behind this photo I just want to know more about the subjects it feels as if they have life stories worth telling. I love this one.

Michele said...

I am in love with your photos! Love the train tracks in B&W... wow....

The weather is odd here in BC and Alberta... not impressed... LOL
I have yet to see a flower here... *groan*... it better smarten up or else!! heh...
~Michele~

Susan said...

I love the first one. The iron fence lends perspective and atmosphere. But I love people shots and the old guys with papers upon that wonderful pavement is very special.
Will you tell us where you took these?

Leslie: said...

Thanks everyone!

#1 - Ravello, Italy

#2 - Sarona, Italy

#3 - Fort Langley

#4 - San Gimignano, Italy

#5 - a rural road right near my place on the way to the dyke

mrsnesbitt said...

I think my favourite was the third one,with the train in view. Reminded me of the area surrounding where we live,

Thanks so much for your comment on my post, mum was a lovely person and a great source of inspiration.

Dxx

Ruth W. said...

I have always loved B&W pictures, it seems to bring out the best photographers. Yours are very good Leslie.

Liz Hinds said...

The photo of the men is my favourite.

Daryl said...

The one of the men is my fav .. its got all sorts of stories happening in it. Its a winner for sure! Good luck with the contest!

Daryl

Makeup said...

I love them all, black and white photography is hauntingly beautiful

Miss_Yves said...

My favorite is the fourth one, full of humanity !
Miss Yves