About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Monday, June 30, 2008

There's Gold In Them Thar Hills

Okay, well today we went to Fort Langley and Jane and I struck gold! Yes, we panned for gold and we found in total nine nuggets between us. Okay, they were tiny nuggets, but it was gold. LOL






















We proclaimed to the world that the Royal Canadian Mounted Police are the best police force in the world. It now has three new recruits.











Trapper Don got a bit carried away with a black bear and the beaver thought he better watch out for him. Trapper Don looks more vicious than that bear! And my back held out well enough to transport the beaver pelts by wheelbarrow to the trading post.























After a fun-filled and full day we left the fort and took a drive through the district of Langley. We stopped at a local seafood place in my village of Ladner and sated, waddled home to post this blog. Here we are leaving the fort (me, Don, Jane, and Cathy).

10 comments:

CaBaCuRl said...

Happy Canada Day!
Are you doing ABC Wednesday tomorrow? Been scratching around for something beginning with X, & finally hit the jackpot last weekend, so I'll be right for tomorrow!

Jo said...

Oh, Leslie, those are great pictures! It looks as if you had tons of fun. And yes, Royal Canadian Mounted Police are the best police force in the world...!

mrsnesbitt said...

Hey Leslie...I come home and find you are rich! hey hey!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day out - glad you enjoyed it despite that awful back pain.

Daryl said...

Happy Canada Day ...

And what fun you had .. love all these pix .. you look SO happy!

:-Daryl

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Pleased you all had a great day! Love your photos :-)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Leslie, you certainly know how to show your friends a good time. I think you should be the poster girl for the RCMP.

meggie said...

Lovely happy post Leslie!

Liz Hinds said...

My, what a wonderful time you are giving your Welsh guests!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Go for it! These photos have really cheered me up.