About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Monday, August 27, 2012

G is for GARY POINT


For a pleasant stroll by the sea GARY POINT is the place to be! It can be quite windy here, so you might want to bring a kite and join in the fun.  This 39 acre waterfront park is at the mouth of the Fraser River, close to Steveston Village, and where you can get great fish and chips and frozen yogurt! It's one of our favourite spots to take our chairs on a sunny day in any season and read, wander and take photos, or just simply relax and take in the scenery and people watch.  A few photos from there will hopefully give you a taste of the peace and tranquility there.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Gargantuan thanks to the great Mrs. Nesbitt, the founder and creator of ABC Wednesday.  To participate, please click HERE, and don't forget to read the "Rules & Guidelines" governing this meme. Thanks and have a glorious week!
NOTE:  I'm currently in Yorkshire and have met the FABULOUS Mrs. Nesbitt, who welcomed me and my friend Cathy with fresh eggs!  Had them for dinner last night with bacon and a bap (the eggs,  not the hens or Denise!)

7 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh leslie - the week has JUST begun! lol! hang on dear....we are in for one GIGANTIC gig! Once we get sorted re vehicles we will be off! Way hey!

Roger Owen Green said...

I'm sure Denise is just DELICIOUS with bacon!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I like frozen yoghurt. not too sweet.

Trubes said...

That was lovely Leslie, you live in such a wonderful part of the world. I was so pleased to meet you and your lovely friend Kathy at the Albert Dock Liverpool and I hope you had fun with Denise in Yorkshire, Did you enjoy your fish and chips in Whitby?
Ian and I may just ,one day, fly out to Vancouver....never say never....love Di..xxx

Ann said...

Leslie--you have it all in one place at Gary Point. The mountains in the background with the water and flowers is just beautiful. Would love to visit your lovely country.

Ann

joy said...

What a wonderful place. Wish I could go there:)

Cheri said...

Looks like a great place. And I love daisies, so I'm all about anyplace that has an entire field of them!

Enjoy your vacation.