About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Kenny Rogers and Wynonna Judd - Mary, did you know?

This is one of my favourite Christmas songs and I hope you enjoy this rendition by Kenny Rogers and Wynonna Judd. It tells us the true reason for the season.

8 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

That is lovely, Leslie. Thank you.

.Tom Kapanka said...

This is one of my favorites, too. "This child that you deliver will soon deliver you." is a profound statement. Thanks for this wonderful reminder of the reason for the season!

Janice Thomson said...

Wow that was wonderful Leslie! Thanks for sharing this.

jmb said...

Nice song Leslie, we all have our different favourites. Mine is O Holy Night.

heiresschild said...

beautiful! i love this song.

Dave said...

A very simple song but all so pwerful in its words. Thanks for sharing it! :-)

Susan said...

It wont play for me. Ill you tube it and see what it is.
Hope You are getting all christmasy inside!

Smalltown RN said...

that a nice version.....I liked your quiz....great questions....I don't think I would have gotten all of them right....Merry Christmas my friend