About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Saturday, December 01, 2007

The First Snow of Winter

We heard on the news yesterday that we were in for a snow-stormy weekend. So it was with no surprise that I looked out this morning to see that it had snowed last night but hadn't stuck to the ground much. However, it is now snowing full force and IS sticking. The winds are also howling and it didn't take me long to take a quick photo of some of the trees in my backyard. The wind was whipping the snowflakes up and drove me inside after only 2 shots. So this is the beginning of our first dump of the season. I hate driving in snow, so may not go to church tomorrow but instead continue to decorate the house for Christmas.



Anyway, in honour of our infrequent snowfalls, here are some thoughts:


1. Free snow. Shovel all you want!


2. Free Snowmen. Some assembly required.


3. Life is like a blanket of snow. Be careful how you step on it. Every step will show!



4. Snowflakes are kisses sent from heaven.



5. A snowman is the perfect man. He's very well rounded and comes with his own broom.



6.Take time to chase the snowflakes.



7. Home is where the snow falls.



8. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. . . somewhere else!



9. The great thing about snow is it makes your lawn look as good as your neighbours.



10. Snow happens.


For those of you who enjoy the snow, have fun making snowmen, having snowball fights, sledding, skiing or whatever else you do in this cold wet mess. Cheers!

6 comments:

Jo said...

"A snowman is the perfect man. He's very well rounded and comes with his own broom."

Leslie, that's too funny.

The snow is beautiful, though, isn't it? A perfect day to stay indoors.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Janice Thomson said...

We're sure getting lots here Leslie. It started this morning and it's still coming down - the dog loves it though. But I did get my Christmas decorations up - inside not out. Now for a cup of hot chocolate and a good book...

Leslie: said...

It's coming down in great huge flakes right now and sticking! But the temp is supposed to suddenly rise and go up to low teens by tomorrow. That could cause some flooding, though. Sure hope the snow at least stops by the morning as I have to take my daughter to the doctor on my way to exercise class. Fingers crossed.

jmb said...

What is with this snow so early in the season? It's supposed to be global warming for heaven's sake! Grumble, grumble.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Love no. 5! I think it has only snowed once within living memory here. I do miss snow, but only to look at from indoors!

Ruth L.~ said...

We got our first snow, but I hate to say it . . . it was ugly and wet and mushy. Not the fluffy flakes that should usher in the season.