About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Shopping for my Baby Girl

I had such fun this morning at the local children's consignment shop. I looked at baby girls' things for my granddaughter (arrival in about six weeks.) I was absolutely beside myself with joy! There were so many clothes to choose from and it didn't take me long to decide on four outfits. I browsed a bit more with a view to the future and I know I'll be shopping there a lot. I bought four outfits for a total of $18.11 Cdn and a set of three onesies (brand new) at London Drugs for $7.99 Cdn. This precious little bundle of joy is going to be the best dressed baby in town even if most of her things are "gently used."

Anyway, this is what I've bought...so far for my new little Princess Elizabeth. (We've already been told her middle name will be Elizabeth, her Mommy's middle name. Her first name will be announced when she's born. My mother always used to call Jamie "Princess Elizabeth" and I may just do the same with this little doll.) I think I did quite well today with my purchases, don't you think?
Brand-new onesies.
White velour with satin trim and blue stitching
Two-piece cotton pj's with orange trim

Every little girl with Scottish ancestry has to have a plaid dress with

a black velvet and white lace-trimmed collar.

"Kiss me. I'm a princess."

Isn't this an adorable jeans outfit?

12 comments:

Jo said...

Leslie, these are adorable! Omigosh.

That little tartan dress is the cutest thing I have ever seen. And yes, every little girl of Scottish ancestry has to have one. Marigold had one.

I can hardly wait to meet your little princess. :-)

Leslie: said...

Me too, Josie! I'm getting anxious as in looking forward to her being here but also worried for D#1. But I know she'll be fine.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day you had. Such a well-loved little girl already. And your daughter is a very fortunate lady too. I won't go into it here, but I know what I am saying.

The point is though, you are indulging yourself...and that's what it's all about. Grandchildren are not special for nothing, are they?

Pear tree cottage! said...

O! Leslie, I know how you feel our little "Queen Adelaide" was born just before Christmas and I bought up many pieces of sweet outfits for her all "gently used"

It is your right to worry for D#1 but yes all will be better then ok! I am sure.

O! and do you know how hard it is to work in a "gently used" everything! :) shop....gosh! it's SO hard when little outfits come in fit for all our families darlings.

Lee-ann

Michele said...

Wow, Leslie, you did good! Money wise, you spent well, oh and the jeans outfit is totally adorable, I am so into little girls wearing that... I love it to pieces!!! Ok, you have great taste! It's amazing that London Drugs sold those cute onesies. When I used to work there years ago, they never had stuff like that... they come a long way.

Ruthie said...

What a teeny-tiny little dress! You forget how itsy they are when they're first born....

Casdok said...

I think you did realy well!! They are so cute!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Gorgeous little outfits Leslie.

I did the same when my son and partner found out their were having a girl..so much to choose from, couldn;t make my mind up sometimes.

Made a change seeing that I had two sons, and also two grandsons never thought we would have a girl in the family. :-)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Sp pretty!

MedStudentWife said...

*smiles*

Susie said...

Hi Leslie,
What an exciting time to be anticipating the birth of a new grandbaby. Those outfits are precious and such a good value!
My youngest granddaughter's middle name is also Elizabeth. I love the name..
xo

Liz Hinds said...

Oh, I am so envious! You will have to send me your address so I can buy an outfit here too! Email me, okay?