About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Renos - Day 1

Wow! The renovators were supposed to arrive at 9:30 a.m. but rang the bell at 8:15 a.m. so it was a mad scramble to get out of bed and decent so I could let them in! However, the tear out was completed by 12:30 p.m. and all the materials were delivered and are just waiting to be put in now. Here's a photo of what my ensuite looked like today after they left.

Besides the reno guys working, we also drove into Richmond to get two new tires for the Blazer, got the lawns mowed, the car washed, all the junk dragged out to the end of the driveway for tomorrow's Spring Clean-Up Day (well, "HE" did all that), and I had a 3-hour nap. Yes, I was a bit knackered after last night's dancing in the family room. Although I was quite stiff and couldn't quite keep up, it was fun as it'd been a long, long time since I've tried to do those kind of moves!

Anyway, off to bed as I need to be up early for Reno, Day 2.

4 comments:

Maggie May said...

Oh my, what a mess!
They will not take long with it though by the look of things!
Good luck with it.

Fi from Four Paws and Whiskers said...

We are in the middle of "Autumn Cleaning" and it is so satisfying to see the garden emerge again - ready for winter!
I wish our batroom was getting renovated too :(
Adn so glad to hear you are so active and even dancing - yee haa.. even if you do need a nanna nap in between!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Now that is what I need to do!!! Anyone got a sledgehammer ;-) :-)

Rune Eide said...

I liked this post, especially since you mentioned Vancouver and the climate. That is the only place I have been in Canada - and it has the same climate as I have at home...