About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Monday, August 01, 2005

Inukshuk


This picture is of an inukshuk on the BC side of the Alaska/BC border. The inukshuk is an Inuit symbol depicting direction and distance. Several cities were engraved on it and I was very surprised to see my own hometown there. That’s why I’m pointing. A stylized version of the inukshuk is the official logo of the 2010 Winter Olympics to be held in Vancouver.

5 comments:

Mary R said...

Hi Leslie, Vancouver is a beautiful city, but the cost of living is so high and the wages in my healthcare field are so low. I have a friend there, but couldn't justify or afford to move there. How did you get your picture on your profile? How do we contact you directly, e-mail?

mine is: minc6@cs.com
Thanks Mary Rose

leslie said...

You can contact me via seafairwest@hotmail.com
then I'll give you my personal email. I do it this way cuz it's easy to delete a hotmail account if I get a lot of spam as a result of posting an email here. Saw your other photos this morning. Wow! they're great! Know that if you're ever up this way visiting your friend, I'd love to meet you, too.

Leslie
PS: You were up at 2:18 am???

Babette said...

Leslie,
Holly WOW... great photos..thanks so much for sharing :-)

CJinSOCAL said...

Leslie: Awesome photos! I have some very special ones of me and my late Mom....It was THE MOST SPECIAL TRIP...She always did for everyone else, and Dad's idea of a vacation was fishing and living in a tent...That is too much fun, but my Mom loved good presentation on her food and she had never even experienced room service or a limo until I insisted I do it for her...Didn't you love hearing the 'breaches'??? The cracking was so interesting, and seeing the floating pieces of glacier reminded me of what the Titanic went through...We are so fortunate to look at them and take pictures, and not be afraid!

The picture is too funny, because it is actually a picture of me with my best friend at the Marine Corp Commandant's Reception in San Diego, CA...last year..I have never worked with pictures in Photoshop and I took the picture and put it in the software and played around with it trying to crop it...I nearly vut my head off, lol...I love your picture! In fact, it reminds me so much of my baby sister...She has almost the exact color of hair that you have and she wears it just like you do...In fact you favor one another...I love your attitude and I wish you the very best...Yes, I was the one who was disappointed, but not with Oprah...I worked with three of her producers and I only had problems with the last one...I told him to lose my number and to not call me back for any future shows, lol...It has taken me sooo long to stand up for myself that sometimes I overcompensate, lol...

obatkanker serviks said...

Mengapa kutil bisa tumbuh di alat kelamin pria serta bagaimana mengobatinya, kutil tumbuh di sekitar kelamin pria bisa tumbuh pada batang penis pria, ujung penis pria, pangkal penis pria bahkan bisa tumbuh di sekitar anus pria. hal ini karena di sebabkan oleh virus yang bernama HPV (human papilloma Virus) sebelum melakukan pengobatan terlebih dahulu akan saya jelaskan mengenai virus HPV ini sehingga nanti kedepannya khsusunya untuk kaum pria dapat menjaga diri agar terhindar dari penyakit ini.