About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Monday, August 01, 2005

Inukshuk


This picture is of an inukshuk on the BC side of the Alaska/BC border. The inukshuk is an Inuit symbol depicting direction and distance. Several cities were engraved on it and I was very surprised to see my own hometown there. That’s why I’m pointing. A stylized version of the inukshuk is the official logo of the 2010 Winter Olympics to be held in Vancouver.

2 comments:

Mary R said...

Hi Leslie, Vancouver is a beautiful city, but the cost of living is so high and the wages in my healthcare field are so low. I have a friend there, but couldn't justify or afford to move there. How did you get your picture on your profile? How do we contact you directly, e-mail?

mine is: minc6@cs.com
Thanks Mary Rose

Leslie: said...

You can contact me via seafairwest@hotmail.com
then I'll give you my personal email. I do it this way cuz it's easy to delete a hotmail account if I get a lot of spam as a result of posting an email here. Saw your other photos this morning. Wow! they're great! Know that if you're ever up this way visiting your friend, I'd love to meet you, too.

Leslie
PS: You were up at 2:18 am???