About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

SOMETHING FISHY

A woman is in bed with her lover, who also happens to be her husband's best friend.
They make love for hours, and afterwards, while they're just lying there, the phone rings.
The woman picks up the receiver.
Her lover looks over at her and listens, only hearing her side of the conversation...
She is speaking in a cheery voice:
"Hello? Oh, hi. I'm so glad that you called. Really? That's wonderful.
I am so happy for you. That sounds terrific. Great! Thanks. Okay. Bye bye."
She hangs up the telephone and her lover asks, "Who was that?"
"Oh" she replies,
"That was my husband telling me all about the wonderful time he's
having on his fishing trip with you."

7 comments:

Forest Hills said...

Hi Leslie!
I've been meaning to compliment you on your blog site, and to thank you for your nice comments to my underwater shots, which I plan on redoing so they fit, and add some new ones, possibly of Fiji and my shark shots!

This joke, although it's been "around" is funny, and definitely worth rereading! I think I'll do the same with my blog, since I get sent sooo many of these good, mature, jokes that I know women will love. I just don't know if I put them on my blog or RR's? What do you think?
Suzan C.

Forest Hills said...

Leslie!
I don't know how I missed the jellyfish joke, but that one was hilarious! It is somehow going to get copied and sent along to my other diving buddies! Kudos!

Suzan

leslie said...

Thanks Suzan, I just think these things are hilarious (others are moving) and wanted to share. I offered to send RR the story about Cracked Pots as it wasn't risque at all, but no response. So...I decided to just put them here so anyone who wants to, can blog on and read them. I, too, thought the diver's story was hilarious and, to boot, was TRUE!!!

happy said...

Leslie, I'm behind on reading your other postings and just finished. I love them - AND - get ! them!! Ha. Printed out today's story to use as 'headline' on a snail mail to my 94 year old aunt who still ROCKS! and will enjoy and get the joke.

I loved the crack-pot story too! really sweet.

The Jellyfish story reminded me of the time my -in-the-process-of-becoming-my-ex husband called me to take him to the doctor. Seems he'd gone hiking and had a call of nature he could not refuse! Afterward- not having expected such an event on a short morning hike - he looked around for 'toilet paper' and found some BIG lush green smooth leaves, which did the job just fine.

All I could say on the trip to the doctor's was "WHEN are you going to think about LEARNING what that plant LOOKS like - fer GAWD's sake?!!!

At the doc's, (where he was the only patient - thank goodness) the receptionist & secretary were about to bust trying to stifle laughter when the nurse came out red-faced telling them, also hardly able to contain herself.

All professionalism went out the window as I - hubby having proceded in front of me out the door - heard the whole office staff & doctor burst into laughter over how ANYone so smart and so allergic to it could be*^#@&ing dumb enough to use Poison Ivy Leaves as toilet paper!!!!

leslie said...

Thanks Happy! I'm busting a gut over your telling of "your" tail. I do love a good joke (with just a hint of naughtiness) but really don't like 'dirty' humour.

BTW, WHERE do you live? I checked your blog but can't figure it out.

HeiressChild said...

hi leslie,
i've never heard this one before. it was a funny joke. this is what i thought as i read the ending, "liar, liar, pants on fire." and the academy award goes to.....?

obatkanker serviks said...

Mengapa kutil bisa tumbuh di alat kelamin pria serta bagaimana mengobatinya, kutil tumbuh di sekitar kelamin pria bisa tumbuh pada batang penis pria, ujung penis pria, pangkal penis pria bahkan bisa tumbuh di sekitar anus pria. hal ini karena di sebabkan oleh virus yang bernama HPV (human papilloma Virus) sebelum melakukan pengobatan terlebih dahulu akan saya jelaskan mengenai virus HPV ini sehingga nanti kedepannya khsusunya untuk kaum pria dapat menjaga diri agar terhindar dari penyakit ini.