Every month I receive the "Body Bulletin" from my retirement insurance plan. It has lots of good articles about health and exercise. This month, there's an article called "Winning Ways With People" and I thought I'd share it with you.
* Think before you speak. Say less than you think.
* Keep an open mind. Discuss rather than argue.
* Cultivate a soothing voice. How you speak often means more than your words.
* Respect the feelings of others.
* Refuse to discuss the shortcomings of others. To discourage gossip, change the subject.
* Exceed your employer's expectations of your work.
I think these are good tips not only for the workplace but also for dealing with family and friends, too. Needless to say, I'm perfect! (*tongue in cheek*) Are you?
- Delta, British Columbia, Canada
- I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.