About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Victory

Now wouldn't this be a great method to weigh yourself? Two years ago, I would have really wanted to do it this way, but today I'm ecstatic. I finally made it to 50 lbs lost!!!

It has not been easy, let me tell you. For someone like me who is an emotional eater, last year dealt me some blows that could have sent me running to the refrigerator. I managed to maintain the loss I'd made up to then but didn't start losing again until this year.

I concentrated on my program this week and did not give in to cravings, even though I wanted to. I went for two walks and worked out at the gym for over an hour one day. For me, that is a big victory! This week will be difficult because of Valentine's Day but as long as I steer clear of the places that are full of beautiful boxes of chocolate, I should be okay. I think I'll buy myself a large bouquet of tulips, though, to celebrate this milestone.

I'm eight pounds from my goal weight, but I'd like to lose another 10 after that. We shall see. At this age and in my condition (spinal stenosis) it's pretty hard to lose and maintain. I've learned a lot during this effort to slim down and I guess it's what all the experts keep saying: eat healthily and exercise. For me that means minimal bad carbs and portion control along with walking walking walking. Oh, I fall off the program - don't we all? But whenever I do, I get right back on and keep going.

Let me tell you, if I can do this anyone can. Thanks to the Jenny Craig program and my counsellor Susan who knows me so well now that she doesn't hesitate to give me a kick in the a** when I need it! Oh yeah, at the gym yesterday a lady asked me why I was there 'cuz I was skinny! :D

16 comments:

nancygrayce said...

Congratulations!!! That is a wonderful victory! I battle it too and my problem is snacking at nite! Then I wear it to bed! :)

Jo said...

Leslie, good for you. I'm very proud of you. That is quite an accomplishment, and you should reward yourself with a bouquet of roses.

MedStudentWife said...

Congrats Leslie... GO GIRL !!!!

Linda said...

Congratulations to you!! You deserve a reward.

HeatherDB said...

Way to Go Leslie! I know how it feels and I wish I could make it to that number too... one day! :) Keep it up. Maybe you can join Kirstie Alley on her commercials now! :) Heather DB

Leslie: said...

Well, good to see ya here, bcwillow! Come on back anytime! And it was so much fun to see you, albeit briefly, when you visited the school. Esther is so cute! Arnold ain't half bad either! :D

Neva said...

Wow....that is awesome...50lbs...whew...that must;ve taken some work. Congratulations and keep up the good work.Did you see where Queen Latifia is going to do Jenny Craig? Gotta love that!

jmb said...

Congratulations Leslie, that's a good goal to achieve.

Casdok said...

Well done!! I am very impressed! As i know its not easy.

Liz Hinds said...

Congratulations! You are an inspiration to me!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You should be one of those Jenny Craig tv success stories. I was organizing Noah's photos and couldn't believe some of the photos from when he was born...how different you look! Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Oops, anonymous is Dtr #1, Jamie

Leslie: said...

I knew it was you when you said "Noah" - lol...

Dragonstar said...

Well done! I know how hard it is to lose and keep the weight off - I've bounced up after reaching target. You've done really well!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Well done, Leslie!

Country Girl said...

Congratulations. You are an inspiration to me. I know I've got to do something about it, too. I'm also an emotional eater. Good post!