About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

And the Winner is....

MOMMA, whose blog is entitled Poetic License. She lives in Maryland, USA, and this is what she says about herself. MWF, 45: Published author writes vignettes from "real life" (as opposed to fictional life). Born Southern, married a guy from "up North," had a couple of kids, and became overrun with animals. Pop over to visit her and tell her Leslie sent you.

Momma was the first to attempt the quiz and only got one wrong! Congratulations, Momma!

As promised, here are the answers to my little Mothers Day Quiz:

1. Who was the mother of Cain and Abel? Eve

2. Who is the mother of Rumer, Scout, and Tallulah? Demi Moore

3. Another name for terra firma? Mother Earth

4. Her nursery rhymes are part of childhood. Mother Goose

5. She was married to Abraham, the father of the Jewish nation. Sarah, mother of Isaac

6. Liza Minnelli’s mother starred in "The Wizard of Oz." Judy Garland

7. Who is the mother of Lourdes and Rocco? Madonna

8. She was famous for her good deeds in Calcutta. Mother Teresa

9. She was not a nice mother in the movie "Mommie Dearest." Joan Crawford

10. Who is Pebbles’ mother? Wilma Flintstone

11. Who is Bart, Lisa and Maggie’s mother? Marge Simpson

12. Who is considered the founder of Mother’s Day in America? Anna Jarvis - In 1912, a delegate from Andrews Methodist Episcopal Church in Grafton,West Virginia, introduced a resolution recognizing Jarvis as the founder of Mother's Day, and suggested that Mother's Day be observed on the second Sunday in May.

13. Who was John the Baptist’s mother? Elizabeth

14. Solomon was the wisest mortal who ever lived. What was his mother’s name? Bathsheba

15. Who is the best mother of all time? Mine or Me (you could each say that your own mother was the best OR you could say that YOU are the best mother.)
Thanks for playing along and I hope you all have a fabulous Mother's Day!

7 comments:

Ellee Seymour said...

I'm impressed, but then I shouldn't be surprised by your excellent knowledge because of your teaching background. This is such a lovely post for Mother's Day. I hope it is special for you.

RiverPoet said...

Thanks so much for posting the quiz, Leslie! I enjoyed taking it!

I've had several new visitors as a result of this, which is quite an honor. I love my friends north of the border :-)

Peace - D

Russell said...

Very good! I just had a chance to see the quiz this morning (Sunday) and, well, I knew a few of them!!

Have a great Mother's Day!! Take care.

Daryl said...

What fun .. congrats Momma!

Happy Mother's/Grandmother's Day Leslie!

:-Daryl

heiresschild said...

ohmygosh Leslie, i missed a quiz. boo hoo hoo. you know how much i love to do these fun things. i didn't get a chance to blog visit last week. sorry i missed it.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Pam said...

Well, I'd never heard of Ellen Jarvis. How interesting.

Love the post about your mother.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Sorry I have come to it late but I am fascinated and informed by the answers.