About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Saturday Photo Hunt - CANDY

Since I don't eat candy and never have it around the house, I had to come up with a twist for today. So I decided to do "EYE CANDY" instead. We've had such a horrid winter and spring so far that our gardens are behind in fluorishing. For me, this "candy" is much more satisfying to my soul. And the calories don't remain on the hips. I managed to go for a stroll this afternoon and took along my camera to take some photos of flowers that are currently in bloom.
So, for your viewing pleasure here is today's "eye candy." The first three are from my own back garden - English poppies and cornflowers.


Along the route of my usual walk, I pass a house with a giant lilac bush that hangs over the sidewalk. My daughter knows the lady of the house and has told her to just break off whatever she wants, but I can't do that. However, every time I pass, I stop and take a deep sniff of the wondrous lilac scent! I took a couple of photos today and I share them here. The first is of part of the whole bush and the second is a closeup of a few of the blossoms.


On my way back home, I discovered that one of my neighbours has a deep purple lilac blooming in her garden. It has the same sweet scent, but the dark tones make the flowers much more attractive. I wish I had one of these in my garden!

And another neighbour has this lovely lilac-coloured rhododenron currently in full bloom at the side of her house. So I had to share it with you, too.


I have to admit, though, that there is another bit of "eye candy" that is even less fattening than flowers. In fact, if only this bit of candy would cooperate with me, I'd be able to lose more weight by having "fun" with him. And okay, it isn't my picture but I'm sure all you ladies out there (and maybe even some men) would agree with me that this is, in my humble opinion, the best eye candy ever! Dream on with me! I wonder what does his girlfriend has that I don't have? lol

Have a wonderful weekend, especially my Canadian friends as it's Victoria Day weekend here.


46 comments:

Carver said...

Happy Victoria's Day! Beautiful flowers. I love that kind of eye candy. And George is not only great eye candy, he's only 4 years younger than I am, so enjoying looking at him doesn't make me feel quite as much like "Mrs. Robinson" as some of the younger eye candy might. Hope you have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Oh - love it! That's the best post I've read this morning. :)

Anonymous said...

Your candy is fabulous. All those beautiful blooms. I can almost smell the lilac! Have a wonderful weekend...

Heather said...

Beautiful flowers.

Randi said...

Wonderful flowers! I prefer these eye candy too and have choosen the same twist on the theme.

Susan said...

I have been potting my eye candy all afternoon. So happy spring has finally spring. By balcony is starting to look nice and inviting.
Kayla's vancouver memorial wont be until july. That is when her mom and siblings will be coming here. After the school year ends. Then the kids will be staying with us for the summer, and hopefully Mom will have finished moving back to BC before school starts in Sept. They did already have the Edmonton full Catholic Mass funeral last Saturday.
Kayla ashes are in my living room until then. I think we are ok. I have my moments, but on the whole, I am functioning. Sigh*

Sarge Charlie said...

the flowers are truly eye candy, the guy, not so much

Katney said...

I like your eye candy, and nearly used the same idea because photographing candy creatively did not seem like something I wanted to spend time on. I did realize I had a candy photo, though, and though your eye candy is much mroe appealing, my candy will appear magically at midnight.

Anonymous said...

Happy Victoria's Day! Love the flowers especially the yellow one. George is the perfect finale of your eye candy presentation!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah.. eye candy..

Melli said...

Wellllllll... I have to admit, I was thinking to myself that if I were to post EYE CANDY, it wouldn't be flowers!!! ROFL!!! (they ARE lovely though!)

Tom said...

Those flowers are beautiful!

david mcmahon said...

As an avid gardener from way, way back, I thoroughly enjoyed this post, Leslie.

There are still some roses blooming in my garden, but winter will see the end of them soon!

Paulie said...

Hope your Victoria's day was terrific. May all you days be filled with non-fattening eye candy!

Anonymous said...

Both your take on the theme, the flowers and George are wonderful.

Have a sweet weekend.

Anonymous said...

Wow i love those flowers very pretty. Happy hunting!

jmb said...

These are great photos of the Spring eye candy. Plus George for a bonus, have a great long weekend Leslie.

Anonymous said...

The last one sure is an Eye Candy!!! :D

Anonymous said...

I love those photos and really pretty flowers!:) And of course, George is HAWT! hehe

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

The doctor from ER!!! *slurpz* He's real hot eye candy!!! :)

eastcoastlife said...

First time I see a lilac bush. Te flowers are so beautiful at this time of the year.

And oh boy, I would love to lose some weight having fun with sexy George too! hahaha....

 gmirage said...

That's a different take! Each of the flowers are beautiful! HAppy PH!

Anonymous said...

Very creative take on the theme. Beautiful eye candy!

jams o donnell said...

Wow that's a lot of beautiful eye candy (George is a handsome guy but perhaps not my sort of eye candy though!)

Have a great weekend

RiverPoet said...

I shouldn't eat candy, and I shouldn't have it around the house. Yet last night I succumbed to some Bon-Bons (see last night's post). Oy!

As for the eye candy, the only thing missing is MORE GEORGE!

God, he's sexy...

Peace - D

Gypsy at heart said...

OOOOOHHHHHH,,,,,,Yes! Love that man! The flowers are nice too :)
http://www.wanderingwonderinggypsy.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Very nice flower pictures!

SabineM said...

great take on the theme and Happy Victoria Day!
I LOVE Lilac....gorgeous lilac

Sandy said...

LOve the clooney candy...lol

Karuema said...

so lovely:) and beautiful reportage :) specially beautiful is this last eye-candy:)

Jan said...

Love your eye candy. We don't have candy in the house, except life savers, so I used the candy from our local diner.

Anonymous said...

I love the flowers.

Dragonstar said...

Your poppies are beautiful, and the lilac reminds me I want to plant some!

Hootin Anni said...

His voice ALONE will melt the heart of a cantankerous ol' lady like me....any ol' day!

Oh man, where was I? Oh yes....the flowers are gorgeous too.

You betcha...we BOTH have great eye candy.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Love the photos of your flowers..hope mine look at good one day!!

As for George Clooney...what can I say..he is perfect for your "Candy"

Anonymous said...

Oh love all of your eye candy, especially George! :-)

Happy Weekend.

Colin Campbell said...

Here in Adelaide we usually have something blooming. At the moment, we have a Canna. Your spring flowers are lovely though. One of the greatest spring blooms were the alpine flowers at Alta near Salt Lake City that I saw one year. Glorious.

Claudia said...

Good one Leslie! George is my guy too! Love your beautiful flowers...probably smell as sweet as candy!

MissBelle said...

Beautiful flowers and beautiful man! :D Loved it.

Powell River Books said...

Good eye candy choices. It's so nice to have such a nice warm spell for the holiday weekend. I went with my favourite Canadian candy bar, a Coffee Crisp. You can see it by clicking here. Hope your Victoria Day weekend is the best. – Margy

Anonymous said...

The last eye candy is my favorite!! Thanks for visiting.

lv2scpbk said...

All good eye candy.

Anonymous said...

Oh what a fabulous take on the word candy. ALL of these photos are very pretty, Leslie, but my favourite was definitely saved for last! He must be one of the most ogled men in the business. Utterly gorgeous! And he knows it...

HeatherDB said...

I was waiting for a sexy man pic... good eye candy!!!

Leslie: said...

Heather! You know me TOO well! lol

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

A very good take on the theme. Now, I could do with some of that last piece of eye candy myself!