About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Friday, May 02, 2008

Tulips and Me

A random bit of information about me: my favourite flower is the white tulip. I always think that if I ever get married again, I'd carry a bouquet of white tulips tied together with raffia.

Josie did this meme and said if anyone wanted to do it, go ahead. So, since I'm too weary these days to think about too much else, I'll give it a try. You just might find out a few more random bits of info about me. You have to answer the questions with only one word and for someone like me, it's not as easy as you might think.

Where is your mobile phone? Purse

Your significant other? None

Your hair? Brown

Your mother? Beautiful

Your father? Athlete

Your favorite thing? Traveling

Your dream last night? Weird

Your favorite drink? Scotch

Your dream/goal? Published

The room you’re in? Cozy

Your ex? Loved

Your fear? Loss

Where do you want to be in six years? Europe

Where were you last night? Home

What you’re not? Skinny

Muffins? Fattening

One of your wish list items? Paris

Where you grew up? Richmond

The last thing you did? TV

What are you wearing? Socks

Your TV? Sony

Your pets? Dead

Your computer? laptop

Your life? Swings

Your mood? Tired

Missing someone? Yes

Your car? Luxurious

Something you’re not wearing? Bra

Favorite Store? Talbots

Your summer? Warm

Like someone? Me

Your favorite color? Guess

When is the last time you laughed? Forget

Last time you cried? December


I'm not going to tag anyone except my daughter Jay.Cee at Random and Interesting Things who has a new blog now, but if anyone else wants to, feel free to try it. Or - just comment here with one or two answers about yourself. I'd love to know more about YOU! Have a great weekend, everyone!

11 comments:

geewits said...

Some of these would be really hard to answer with one word. I hope you get some rest soon!

Cedar said...

Leslie: Great Job, but I got to ask....what are you wearing?SOCKS...ah..just socks?

Oh come on, I know the rest of you caught that, so what if I am the only one that would ask. I'm from Jersey, I have an excuse.

Leslie: said...

cedar either you're the only one who caught that (lol) or else everyone else is too polite to comment on it. I had to answer with just ONE word, remember, and I thought I'd throw that in for a laugh! Actually, I was wearing a nightie, socks, my watch, my glasses, and undies. So there! Told 'ya I can go on and on and on and................

Leslie: said...

geewits I did get some rest last night - lights out at 10 and didn't wake up until 11:20 AM. Took off my sock, though. lol

Leslie: said...

er...sockS

Jo said...

Leslie, my friend, you need to look in the mirror more often. You are indeed skinny, and beautiful too!!!

the walking man said...

I will do this with someone not wearing bra and just socks, information condensed in one word responses do give a telling insight Leslie.

Peace


mark

Where is your mobile phone? Charging

Your significant other? Asleep

Your hair? Leaving

Your mother? Gone

Your father? Gone

Your favorite thing? Faith

Your dream last night? None

Your favorite drink? Coffee

Your dream/goal? Living

The room you’re in? Used

Your ex? *Shrug*

Your fear? None

Where do you want to be in six years? Eternal

Where were you last night? Home

What you’re not? Stupid

Muffins? Gimmeee

One of your wish list items? Virginia

Where you grew up? Road

The last thing you did? Commented

What are you wearing? Clothes

Your TV? Works

Your pets? Abed

Your computer? Vital

Your life? Mine

Your mood? Exanimate

Missing someone? Always

Your car? Honda

Something you’re not wearing? Suit

Favorite Store? Coupons

Your summer? Coming

Like someone? Wife

Your favorite color? Green

When is the last time you laughed? Everyday

Last time you cried? Everyday

Russell said...

Seems that this one word questionnaire is really making the rounds. Amazing how much information can be obtained through one word answers!

Take care and I enjoyed your answers!

Daryl said...

I love Tulips too ..

:-Daryl

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Nice meme and I might do it. Your answers are witty and interesting, Leslie.

Jay.Cee said...

I'm too cool for memes :p That's SO not true...I do them lots. But I'm not gonna do this one so there :P