About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Monday, May 12, 2008

With Tear In My Eyes...

Yes, with tears in my eyes I ask you to read my daughter's blog. I am so proud of her for coming through such trials in her young life and becoming the strong, loving, compassionate person she is. It was a rough go for a long time, and she says I am her angel. But I think it's the other way around.

What she has written on her blog is the best Mother's Day gift I could ever hope for. And I'd be grateful if you'd visit her here and comment on her site. Thanks.

13 comments:

Jo said...

Leslie, I read it, and it was beautiful. My goodness!!! That is the best Mother's Day gift of all, isn't it???

Leslie: said...

You have NO idea, Josie! I think both of us find it hard to say the words out loud, but in our hearts we are each other's greatest admirer.

jmb said...

Truly lovely Leslie. You are both very fortunate to have each other.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Done - and it's a lovely post.

Daryl said...

Its as lovely as she is .. and you are.

I want you to know you are not 'being blonde' .. the comic strip/cartoon is a short hand version of my Sunday Afternoon post .. my husband didnt know my cellph # so when got locked out of the apt. he had to call my sister to call me .. read it .. its funnty

:-Daryl

Claudia said...

Leslie,
Sounds to me that you both are
extremely blessed!

Casdok said...

Hugs. A beautiful post :)

Suburbia said...

Such lovely words, you are truly her angel.

sally in norfolk said...

wow....that just made me cry.... feeling upset with my boys today boys never care like girls and i have no girls in my life :-(

Ruth L.~ said...

Leslie, I can feel . . . your tears, happy tears, because i have them too. Life can turn around when you least expect it and deliver a filet mignon on a gold platter. That would be your daughter.

Trubes said...

Hi leslie, You are truly blessed to have such a caring and loving daughter. You have obviously done a wonderful job in raising your 'girls'. That brought tears to my eyes too.

Di.xx

Liz Hinds said...

What a wonderful daughter!

Dragonstar said...

Absolutely beautiful. A great tribute to two wonderful, caring women.